Staffmark is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information. Staffmark is an employment and staffing company that, in the course of its business, asks job applicants, prospective employees, and employees to provide personal information necessary relating to their employment or prospective employment. This Privacy Notice describes how Staffmark collects and uses your personal information, the categories of personal information it collects, and instances where Staffmark may disclose your personal information to third parties. Staffmark will only collect and process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Categories of Personal Information Staffmark Collects and How We Use It
Staffmark collects the following categories of your personal information:
- Personal identifiers you provide when you apply for a job, supply information for your benefits, or in context of your employment with us, such as your first and last name, address, email address, unique personal identifiers, nickname, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, driver license number and expiration date, passport number, and/or other government identification numbers, immigration and work authorization status, signature, family name, including your mother’s maiden name, and online identifiers, username and/or account name. Staffmark collects this information to make an employment and/or job related decision that involves you, to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information as a job applicant or employee, to provide you with employment with Staffmark, and/or use your information in order to secure your employment with another entity, to manage your employment relationship with us, and for general employee administration and processing (including employee payroll and benefits administration), to run a background and credit check before employment is offered to you, to determine your eligibility for employment, and to create, maintain, and secure your online employee accounts.
- Financial information such as banking information for direct deposit, debit card number, credit card number, tax selections, pay rate, PayCard information, payroll deduction information, medical information, and health insurance information. Staffmark collects this information for employee-related human resource administration (including employee payroll and benefits administration), processing work-related claims (for example, insurance or payment claims), and all related accounting and auditing.
- Benefit selection and related information such as your benefit selection, social security number or other government identification number, date of birth, health insurance information, policy number, and selections. Staffmark collects this information to administer benefit claims and for employee-related human resource administration.
- Protected classification and diversity information such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), and veteran or military status. Staffmark collects this information to comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations, to implement Staffmark’s diversity and equity programs, and for benefits administration.
- Professional and employment-related information such as current or past employment history, salary information, employee status and title, job evaluations, employment status, work schedule, job assignments, hours worked, training and development information, performance evaluation information, disciplinary and counseling information, and termination information. Staffmark collects this information to make employment and/or job related decisions that involve you, to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information as a job applicant or employee, to provide you with employment with Staffmark or use your information in order to secure your employment with another entity, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, for education, training, and development requirements, and to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, for other human resource administration purposes, and to administer and process employee benefits.
- Biometric information such as facial recognition, fingerprints, retina scans, hair follicles, urine, and saliva. Staffmark collects this information for time clocks and to ensure that employees properly log-in to Staffmark equipment, to ensure that authorized employees have access to secured locations, and for drug test screens.
- Sensory data such as your audio and visual information. Staffmark collects this information when conducting interviews through video and voice calls through the HarQen application.
- Internet or other similar network connectivity, such as browsing history, search history, cookies, applications, email use, and interaction with Staffmark’s website. Staffmark collects this information to improve your user experience, track and analyze website traffic, track your job and employee preferences and suggest opportunities for you, personalize your website experience, and to run analytics in order to analyze the use of and improve our websites.
- Geolocation data that can be used to identify your physical location or movements. Staffmark collects this information to manage job assignments, determine assignment availability and allocation, determine employment status, track hours worked, and determine applicability of required training programs.
- Education information such as education history, grades, transcripts, and disciplinary history. Staffmark collects this information to evaluate and make an employment and/or job related decision that involves you, provide you with employment with Staffmark or use your information in order to secure your employment with another entity, obtain education verification, assess your qualifications for a particular job or task, conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, for education, training, and development requirements.
- Health and Safety Information such as health conditions, if relevant to your employment, job restrictions, workplace accident and illness information, and health insurance policy information. Staffmark collects this information to maintain a safe workplace, assess your working capacity, administer health and Workers’ Compensation programs, and comply with applicable laws.
- Inferences drawn from personal preferences you provide to us, such as characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. Staffmark collects this information to make safety assessments and assess your qualifications and abilities for a particular job or task.
- Beneficiary Information of your beneficiaries and dependents, such as name and contact information, relationship to you, birth date, social security or other government identification number, and any other information necessary to process benefits claims. Staffmark collects this information to administer and process any related benefit claims.
- Emergency Contact Information of person(s) you designate as your emergency contact(s) such as their name and contact information, and their relationship to you. Staffmark collects this information to maintain contact information should an emergency involving you arise during your employment.
- Information relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic such as your temperature; travel information and history, including location and type of travel (e.g., whether you have traveled internationally or been in an area where COVID-19 is widespread); health screening questions, including whether you are experiencing related symptoms, symptom history, information whether you have been in contact with anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, and whether you have been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19. Staffmark collects this information in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, to implement any sanitary measures necessary, to follow legally mandated procedures related to COVID-19, and to monitor and protect the health and safety of all employees and the public.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Staffmark does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties for any monetary consideration. Staffmark only shares your personal information with service providers to the extent necessary in order to administer employee benefits, including for payment of wages, tax processing, health insurance, benefits administration, and in connection with its human resource activities, including running background checks, screening for benefit, employment, and disability eligibility, to determine employment verification, and for drug screening. Staffmark also discloses your information when required to by local, state, or federal law.
Click here to see all Disclosures to Third Parties
Any disclosure of COVID-19-related information to management and employees at locations where an employee that tests positive was working will be to the extent necessary for other employees in contact with them can self-isolate, monitor symptoms, and/or get a COVID-19 test, for sanitizing purposes, or to report to relevant authorities. The result of a positive test may also be shared anonymously with third-party cleaning services to the extent necessary that sanitizing action needs to be taken due to a positive test to protect the safety of other employees. This will continue until we are notified by the CDC or local authorities that we are no longer at risk.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Staffmark reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. We will provide you with a new Privacy Notice when and if any material updates are made, or if we begin collecting categories of information not listed in this Privacy Notice.